Dr. Priyadarshi Dash
Dr. Priyadarshi Dash works as a Research Associate at RIS, New Delhi. His research interests broadly cover topics in foreign exchange reserves, macroeconomics, international trade and finance. He holds PhD in Economics from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay. He has participated in summer schools on international economics issues and global economic governance at University of Geneva, University of Padova and University of Milan. He was honoured with the “Award for Excellence in Thesis Work” by IIT Bombay in 2011. He was ‘Visiting Fellow’ at Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade (KIET), Seoul during October 15-December 31, 2012 under the Asia Development Fellowship by the Asia Foundation. He is a member of the editorial board of Advances in Economics and Business and Journal of Studies in Social Dynamics and Change.
- Research Projects
- Asia Africa Growth Corridor, 2017
- Economic Aspects of Fisheries, 2016
- World Trade and Development Report, 2015
- Blue Economy in the Indian Ocean, 2015.
- India-COMESA Joint Study Group Report, 2013
- Regional Cooperation for Infrastructure Investments in IORA, 2012
- Trade and Investment Linkages in the IORA, 2012
- Trade and Investment Linkages between India and China, 2011
- India-Canada Joint Study Group Report, 2010
- Deepening Financial Cooperation in Asia: An Indian Perspective, 2007
- Made presentation on “Developing and Strengthening Blue Economy: India and the Region” in the ASEAN-India Workshop on Blue Economy held in Nha Trang, Vietnam on November 24-25, 2017.
- Made remarks as a panelist in the session on Trade Facilitation and Connectivity in the Tenth South Asia Economic Summit held in Kathmandu during November 14-16, 2017.
- Made remarks on fisheries subsidies at the Round Table Conference on “Emerging Issues in WTO’ organized by Swadeshi Jagaran Manch on Nov 9, 2017.
- Made presentation on “Trade and Investment in Indian Ocean Region: Lessons on Blue Economy from IORA” in the SAGAR Discourse 1.0 on Maritime Security held in Goa, India by FINS Mumbai on October 12-14, 2017.
- Made online presentation on “Larger Relevance of Economics of Corridor: An Illustration of Asia Africa Growth Corridor” in the International Conference on ‘India and China as Rising Global Powers: Repercussions for Central Asia’ held at Almaty, Kazakhstan held on September 25, 2017.
- Made a presentation on “Rise of BRICS, Emerging Markets and Evolving Narratives in Global Governance” in the International Conference on ‘G20 and BRICS: Cooperation for Resilient and Balanced Growth’ at the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration in Moscow on September 20, 2017.
- Made a presentation on “Recent Trends in Global and Regional Trade & Finance” to the students of M.A (Analytical and Applied Economics) of Utkal University, Bhubaneswar on August 10, 2017.
- Part of RIS-led Indian delegation to Japan for Asia-Africa Growth Corridor (AAGC) meetings held in Tokyo on July 31, 2017 and August 1, 2017.
- Represented RIS in the India-China Think Tank Forum Meeting held in Beijing, China during June 22-26, 2017 and made a presentation on “Bilateral Cooperation in Manufacturing between India and China”.
- “Explaining Korea’s Development Success: Role of Scientific R&D, FDI and Industrial Catch-Up”, Man & Development, Vol. XXXIX, No. 2, pp. 21-50.
- “Predicting Financial Crises: A Study of Asian Economies”, Global Business Review, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 1262-1277.
- Trade Facilitation in Asia Africa Growth Corridor: Potential for India-Japan Cooperation in Africa, RIS Discussion Paper No. 127, Research and Information System for Developing Countries, New Delhi (with S.K. Mohanty, Vaibhak Kaushik and Bhaskar Kashyap).
Books and Chapters in Edited Volume
- “Financing Development in South Asia: Beyond Orthodox Approaches” in conference volume of South Asia Economic Summit (SAES)-IX held in October 2015, Centre for Policy Dialogue, Dhaka, 2017.
Email : email@example.com
Macroeconomics and International Finance