Dr. Priyadarshi Dash, Associate Professor
Dr. Priyadarshi Dash is Associate Professor at Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), New Delhi, India. He contributes to RIS work programmes on G20, BIMSTEC, Indo-Pacific and Asia-Africa Growth Corridor. His research interests include services trade, regional financial cooperation, infrastructure finance, macroeconomic and development strategies, and blue economy. Dr. Dash has published two books titled “Asia-Africa Growth Corridor: Development and Cooperation in Indo-Pacific” and “Universal Banking in India: Evolution, Trends and Performance” and several papers in peer-reviewed journals and edited volumes. He is member of Editorial Advisory Board of Cambridge Scholars Publishing, London; member of Editorial Board of Advances in Economics and Business; Member of Editorial Review Board of Virtual Economics; and Managing Editor of G20 Digest. He has visited Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade (KIET), Seoul as a ‘Visiting Fellow’ in 2012 under a fellowship by the Asia Foundation. Dr. Dash holds PhD in Economics from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, India, and has received the “Award for Excellence in Thesis Work” by IIT Bombay.
- Made presentation on “Fintech and Changing Landscape of Global Trade” in the First International Conference titled ‘Japan-South Asia Connections on Economy, Health and Education’ organized by South Asia Research Center at Soka University, Japan on October 31, 2020.
- Presented remarks at the webinar on “Strategising India’s Policy Direction in G20” organized by VANI-FIDC-Heinrich Boll Stiftung on October 28, 2020
- Made presentation on behalf of RIS on “Quality and Resilient Infrastructure for Development- India’s Recent Experience” in the BRICS Academic Forum held on October 13, 2020.
- Made presentation on “Tackling Economic Fallout of COVID-19 pandemic: Policy Choices and Experiences from BRICS and G20”at the 2020 RIN Online Workshop Series on COVID-19 on September 25, 2020.
- Joined as a panelist in the Webinar on “Opportunity in Crisis: Green Energy as The New Normal” organised by the Asia Foundation on June 4, 2020.
- Participated in T20 Saudi Arabia Inception Conference as authors of policy briefs in Task Force 3 & 8 held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on January 19-20, 2020.
- Made presentation on “Resource Implications of Profit Shifting, Economic Fugitives and Illicit Financial Flows” in the Third Annual Developing Country Forum on ‘South-South Cooperation in International Tax Matters’ organised by RIS and South Centre, Geneva in New Delhi on December 9-10, 2019.
- Made presentation on “Risks and Security Issues in Financial Sector” in the International Conference on ‘Non-Traditional Economic and Security Risks in a Globalized World’ organized by the Institute for Policy, Advocacy and Governance (IPAG), Dhaka and RIS, New Delhi in New Delhi on November 28, 2019.
- Lecture on “Financial Sector Cooperation: FinTech, Innovative Financing and AML-CFT” to the participants of ITEC Course on South-South Cooperation at RIS on November 19, 2019.
Contribution to RIS Reports
- India–Myanmar–Thailand Trilateral Highway and Its Possible Eastward Extension to Lao PDR, Cambodia, and Viet Nam: Challenges and Opportunities, ERIA Research Project Report 2020.
- National Maritime Policy 2019
- National Blue Economy Policy 2019
- “Bond Market Dynamics in BRICS”, Journal of International Economics, Vol. 10, No.2, pp.30-43.
Policy Briefs/Articles in Magazines
- “G20 Sherpa and Finance Tracks: Commonalities and Opportunities”, RIS Policy Brief No. 100, Research and Information System for Developing Countries, New Delhi.
- “G20 Response to COVID-19”, G20 Digest, Vol. 1, No. 5, pp. 9-18.
- “Growth Triggers in Asia-Pacific: Quality Infrastructure & Digital Economy”, Japan Spotlight, November-December, 2020.
- Cost of Brexit Transition and Spillovers to Developing Countries, RIS Blog, December 07, 2020 (with Sonal Garg).
- “COVID-19: May Perpetuate Uncertainty in Indian Financial Sector”, RIS Dairy, Vol. 16, No.2, April (Special Issue).
Books and Contributions to Edited Volumes
- Asia-Africa Growth Corridor: Development and Cooperation in Indo-Pacific (Eds) (with Sachin Chaturvedi and Anita Prakash), Springer Nature, Singapore.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Macroeconomics and International Finance